Sunday, January 24, 2016

Films That Moved You

What was the last film you found moving? This seems to be rare with modern films, I can't really think of many "blockbusters" this applies to. Why? Is there something about these dreamy emotional films that makes them unpopular? That seems absurd, yet the facts speak for themselves. Here are some of my favourite films that moved me.

From the Life of the Marionettes (along with The Passion of Anna, these are perhaps my favourite Ingmar Bergman films, and so among my all time favourites!)
Wings of the Dove
Grave of the Fireflies
The Whole Wide World
Theory of Flight
Awakenings
Slipstream
Brief Encounter
When Harry Met Sally
Blue Velvet
V for Vendetta
The Hours
The Remains of the Day
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Brazil

What was the last film that you found moving?